Late Start Policy
Late Start Policy
The Osborn R-0 School District would like to inform parents that we will be implementing a LATE START policy. Our district will utilize a LATE START when certain weather conditions allow. It is important to understand that this will not be the case every time it snows, and ideally these LATE START times will be used only minimally and when the safe operation of busses allow.
School normally starts at 8:05; however, on the day of a LATE START classes will begin at 10:05. We request that students and parents please use the following guidelines when notified of a LATE START.
1. The bus routes will not change and your child will be picked up by bus approximately 2 hours later than their regular time and at the same location.
2. Students who walk or drive to school and students who are dropped off should not arrive before 9:35 a.m.
3. We will not serve breakfast the day of a LATE START.
4. We will try, in every way possible, to notify the parents the night before so appropriate arrangements can be made.
5. Notifications of a LATE START will be made utilizing the normal methods during inclement weather.
6. The end of day release time will not change.
We thank you for your cooperation in the implementation of the LATE START policy. By utilizing the LATE START, roads will be better suited for travel and extreme temperatures may be avoided.
Late Start Schedule
9:35 Students Arrive and stay in old gym
10:05-10:45 1st Hour
10:48-11:21 2nd Hour/Elementary Lunch
11:24-11:45 4th Hour/High School Lunch
12:06-12:39 3rd Hour
12:42-1:15 5th Hour
1:18-1:51 6th Hour
1:54-2:27 7th Hour
2:30-3:10 8th Hour
Late Start Lunch Schedule
1st and 2nd Grade 10:45 - 11:15
Kindergarten 10:50 - 11:20
3rd and 4th Grade 10:55 - 11:25
5th and 6th Grade 11:00 - 11:30
7th and 8th Grade 11:43 - 12:06
9th-12th Grade 11:45 - 12:06